Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Jackpot!

Every so often, Woot has a Random Shirt sale where you can get tees at an extra cheap price.  The catch is, you get to pick the quantity (1-2-3) and the size, but you don't have any say over the design, hence the 'random'.  Sometimes you get one you love, sometimes get one you'd never wear in public, and sometimes you don't care either way.  IMO, it's the best lottery ever.  To get the best deal and the best chance of getting a great design, always buy 3 shirts

If you search my blog you'll see how much I love Shirt.Woot.  I've bought tees for everyone in the family.  I've slacked off on posting earlier summer purchases, so I'll start with those.

Individual purchases, in order: For my husband's birthday, I got "Humanity Gets Voted Off".  For the 11 year old, "Stink Less!"   For the 9 year old, "Cheddar Power".  For me, "Dr. Adorable Love Potion" and "Morning Power Up".


There was also a Kids Shirt Random in July.  This batch was in the 'Meh' category.  "Fresh Crab" is a Woot in-joke, so the kids were perplexed.  "Natural Instinct" is so cute, but a little babyish for their ages. "Two Queens" is a great design...for girls.


And finally this brings us to today's delivery of random shirts for me.  They are all winners, IMO.

First up is "Galactic Gumtastic"  the best part is that there are nine planets.  Pluto may be called a dwarf, but he still belongs.


Second, "If I Only Had a Brain" shows the Wizard of Oz Scarecrow breaking in with a mob of Zombies.  Self-explanatory.  I might just wear this one to Meet The Teacher night tomorrow.


The last shirt is for fans of Futurama and retro sci-fi.  "Forbidden Future" shows Bender carrying Leela, ala "Forbidden Planet" 1956 movie poster style.  Both the cartoon and movie are on Netflix, btw.



2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Sorry to bother you, but I've been searching for the "Natural Instinct" shirt everywhere and see that you have it. I'm curious to know what size it is, if it's been worn, and if you would be interested in trading it. I have It's a Trap (K10), The Key (K12), and Ugly Holiday Sweater 2010 (K12). They're all brand new and unworn. If it's too much of a hassle to trade for just one shirt, I'd be willing to trade all three for your "Natural Instinct" and "Two Queens" if they're both new or gently worn. If not then thank you very much for your time and sorry again for bothering you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son has already worn the "Natural Instinct" shirt. I did show him your tees and ask if he wanted to trade, but he isn't interested. It was worth a shot though! Sorry.

    ReplyDelete