Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

2008 Locati Cellars Columbia Valley Barbera

2008 Locati Cellars Columbia Valley Barbera
Varietal:  Barbera
Cost per bottle: $26


"This Barbera, a variety originating in northwest Italy's Piedmont region, finds a beautiful expression in the Lonesome Springs Vineyard. Jumping from the glass are bright aromatics of huckleberries, allspice and lemon rind. Bridging the best of the old and new worlds, the palate combines an earthy character and lively acidity with ripe red cherries and raspberries. "

This wine is so smooth!  It rolls into your mouth and leaves no trace when swallowed.  It looks and smells like red berries while having a grown-up wine flavor.  I think this is the first time I've had Barbera, and now I wonder where it has been all my life.

This one is meant to be sipped and savored.  Probably great for sharing too, but I'm not sure that I like any of you enough to give up a glass. My precccioussss! I feel sad that the wine sample bottle is so tiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment