Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

The empress' new clothes

At the moment, I'm topless.

No, not literally.  I'm wearing a raggedy old SpongeBob shirt.  But I don't have the new shirts I ordered.

I'm not big on clothes shopping so once I find something I like I tend to get multiples to save me from having to do it again any time soon.

A couple of weeks ago, I was waiting for a prescription to be filled at Kmart and found some v-neck t-shirts.  They are great because they fit well without being too tight or baggy.  The sleeves are not cap sleeves, but not overly long.  The length is just right.  In the store, they only had a couple colors in my size so several days later I went to Kmart.com to check out the selection.

I ended up buying 4 more t-shirts, plus a tank top in the same brand/style family.  When I went to checkout, I was pleasantly surprised by a notice stating that I would get free shipping for buying 5 items.

The package was delivered by UPS yesterday.  A huge box, but lightweight.  There were more air-pillows than clothes inside.  Unfortunately, the stuff inside was not mine.  It was all extra-small junior sized clothing.  Teeny, tiny white capris.  An itty bitty bedazzled tank top with dental floss for straps.   You get the picture.  The packing slip said they were meant for a woman in Arkansas.  Poor, malnourished little girl.  ;-)

I suspect the shipping labels were simply mixed up and that right about now she is looking my clothing and thinking, "Those gals in Wisconsin eat too much cheese."

I proceeded to spend 25 minutes on the phone with customer service.  The CS rep was nice, but I think she was new.  UPS is supposed to pick up the package, at which time I will be refunded.  I haven't received the notice form UPS yet.

In order to get the clothes I was meant to have, I had to repeat the order and pay a second time.  They've already shipped my order, so it should be here on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment